By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

4.23.2009

The Stage of Life

Noah used the abilities God gave him to build the ark. I just imagine he was a very skilled carpenter to have been able to build an ark that was 450 feet long (one and half football fields long), 75 feet wide (the width of one and a half football fields), and 45 feet high (the height of a four-story building). That, my friends, is a mighty big boat! God gave Noah the task of building the ark because He had already given him the talents and abilities to be able to complete the work. I'm sure God watched Noah every day as he cut each board and hammered every nail and I bet He enjoyed every minute of it.


God sees everything we do and He especially enjoys watching those times that bring Him honor and glory. He watches you while you sleep, eat, and work. He watches you while you do the laundry and cook dinner each night. God watches you as you teach your children and love your husband. God also sees when you are hurting and desires that you look to Him in your time of need. He is interested in every aspect of your life.

"The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights
in every detail of their lives."
Psalm 37:23, NLT

God delights in watching you use the talents and abilities He has given you; it makes Him smile. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if God were up in heaven, seated on His throne taking pictures of you as you perform on this stage called life. He applauds you as you move from Act 1 onto Act 2 and picks you up when you fall down. He gives rave reviews of your performance to Jesus and the Holy Spirit as you daily seek to please Him in all you do.

God wants you to use the abilities and talents He has given you to bring Him honor and glory and to further His kingdom. He doesn't want you to try to be someone else and take on their role in life's performance. God wants you to take on the role that He created specifically for you to play.

"He has shaped each person in turn;
now He watches everything we do."
Psalm 33:15, MSG

Are you using the talents and abilities God has given you to perform on your stage in life? Or are you trying to take over someone else role in the play?

4 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

Angie said...

I am at stage left. No where close to being on stage yet.
Talents and abilities??? All in time, I know.
I'm still reading the script trying to learn and understand.
Falling down....well let's just say, Satan has his hand on the corner of that rug and keeps pulling it out from under me. Yes, I know and I do get back up every time. I have to.

Love ya!!

Marli said...

Your last two posts speaks to the situation I am in. Thank you for writing them! Having faith like Noah is hard to do sometimes, especially if you are not 100% sure. I long to have the intimacy with God as Noah did!

Amico Dio said...

oh girl, preach! Talk about a good word! I am so learning this lesson myself... we can only be who He designed us to be. He gave us gifts and talents for a reason and some for a season.

much love, my friend!

Giulianna @ Family Blueprint said...

Amen Jenifer and Amy! When I feel overextended, I have to pull back and ask the Lord, "WHY?" I think so often it is because I am trying to spread myself to do a work He did not create me for or call me to. In humility I have to repent and go back to that which He has blessed for me to do for His glory!

I am sorting through much right now in life, this is a confirmation!

Blessings to you and yours!!!