By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

2.21.2008

Sing Praises to God!

I absolutely love music. We always have some type of praise and worship music playing in our house. I bought a new CD this week and I have to say it's probably one of my very favorite CD's as a whole. I want to share with you a song from it that spoke volumes to me. The name of the song is "Vision of You" by Shane and Shane from their Pages album. I don't know about you, but I've needed a fresh vision of God in my life lately. Life happens and our focus tends to shift more to what is going on around us instead of the God who is right in front of us. Forgive us Lord! Awaken our souls and tune our hearts back to You, O God.

Come meet us, King Jesus.
Oh wind of change blow through this temple.
Sweet Spirit of God, come and mend our hearts.
For all we have are songs,
Unless You come...

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though You're here, God come.
And may my vision of You be the death of me.
And even though You've given everything, Jesus come.

Come free us, King Jesus.
It's the only way that freedom's given.
From You and You alone,
In the work You've already done.
For all we have are songs,
Unless You come...

Awaken what's inside of me
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though You're here, God come.
And may my vision of You be the death of me.
And even though You've given everything, Jesus come.

Here we are, Lord in this place.
Crying out for Your embrace.
To hear Your voice.
More than songs,
Oh please come... Jesus come.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though You're here, God come.
And may the vision of You be the death of me.
And even though You've given everything, Jesus come.


"Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!" Psalm 47:6

Put in your favorite praise and worship music and lift your hands in praise to the Creator of the Universe! Happy praisin'!

4 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

Cheri said...

I would say that you are going to think I'm crazy...but since we both know the Lord, then this won't seem so crazy after all.....

I just got done reading Psalms 47: 5-6. Then, I came here.

Sounds like I need to sing some praises!!

Jenifer said...

You praise Him girl! God is so awesome!!!

Blessings
Jenifer

Cheri said...

Okay...so since I left my last comment..you will think this is cool!

As I was having my quiet time today, A book I am reading quoted Psalms 47:6. I immediately proceeded to set the book down and I sang a song to Jesus. I made it up on the spot and it turned out to be beautiful!!

Carol said...

This sounds like a great song. I love the words. I love to praise Jesus! Thanks for sharing!