By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

5.27.2008

Little boys and their Meerkats


Sunday night my five year old was helping me wash dishes. We were in a hurry because the Meerkat Manor movie was coming on. As we washed the dishes we had an interesting conversation. This is how it went:

Me: "We need to hurry because the movie is coming on soon."

Son: "What movie?"

Me: "The movie about the Meerkats. Remember Flower and her family? (Flower was the head matriarch of the Meerkat clan)

Son: "Oh, yeeeaaahhh! Well, we had a Meerkat on the house today."

Me: "Uh, we did?"

Son: "Yep. It couldn't get down so I had to call the fire department to bring their big ladder to get him down."

Me: "Hummm. What was this Meerkats name?"

Son: "Uhhhh. Jimmy Johnson."

Me: "Jimmy Johnson? That's interesting. Where were dad and I when all this was going on?"

Son: "You guys were camping out in the woods so I had to take care of it all by myself."

Me: "Well, I do apologize that we weren't around to help you."

Son: "Yea, it's ok. I was fine."


This kid has an imagination the size of Texas. He keeps me laughing and wondering where in the world he comes up with these things. He informed me this morning that he ended up having to call the fishermen to bring their nets so that he could catch the Meerkats but they got away. So, you better be on the lookout for "a ton of Meerkats" that are on the loose.

Take some time today to enjoy your children. They are truly a blessing from the Lord.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of
the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3

3 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hey Jennifer. Thanks for to comment on Friday. Grace had a wonderful birthday on Saturday. It was a great time with family and friends. I posted some pictures this morning if you are interested. Have a great day. I like this post. I look forward to these type of moments with Gracie someday!!

Cheri said...

AAhhh the imagination of kids! What a cute story and I love the profile pic. I'm off to check out all your new stuff!

Unknown said...

Oh these moments, cherish everyone and enjoy all that God intends for you in that moment with the curious little guy and then make sure to preserve that memory some how so you can recelebrate it later with him. What a great example of how God made each child unique for His purpose with special talents and gifts, some we may not understand but celebrate them anyway.