By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

5.22.2008

Please join me in praying for...

Please join me in praying for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family in the tragic loss of his youngest daughter whom they adopted from China. My heart goes out to them as they are trying to make sense of what has just happened in their family. Let's join together as a united force and stand in the gap for our brothers and sisters today and in the days to come.

Though we don't understand why these things happen our God knows. He never gives us more than we can handle and His plans are not to destroy us, but are to give us a hope; a hope in the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. A hope that because of the death, burial, and resurrection of His precious Son will we, as believers in the Lord Jesus, will one day stand with Him in heaven and rejoice for eternity.

Please join me in praying for this precious family.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD.
They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

3 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

morningstar said...

We have spent much of today praying for the family. My heart is so sad for their son. We serve an awesome God who now holds a precious little gal.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks for your post. I have been saddened by these events today, at times overwhelmed with emotions. This scenario happens too often. My sister's friends lost their 3 year old in the same manner, just several months ago. So, please, please, look multiple times before backing out of the driveway. I will continue to pray for the Chapman family, also.

Lana said...

We are praying as well. It is hear breaking to hear another story like this.