By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

10.01.2008

Seeing God in everything

There's just nothing like sitting out on a third floor balcony very early in the morning listening to waves crash onto shore watching the sunrise as you have your time with the Lord. I was able to do this not too long ago; and, my friend, it was wonderful. My devotion that morning couldn't have been more fitting. I'd like to share it with you this morning.


"He is the LORD; let Him do what is good in His eyes."
1 Samuel 3:18

"If I see God in everything, He will calm and color everything I see. Seeing God in everything is the only thing that will make one loving and patient with people who annoy and trouble me. Then I will see others as the instruments God uses to accomplish His tender and wise purpose for me, and I will even find myself inwardly thanking them for the blessing they have become to me. Nothing but seeing God will completely put an end to all complaining and thoughts of rebellion." Hannah Whitall Smith

The Lord painted a beautiful picture for me that morning through the vivid colors of the sun rising above the horizons and through the sounds of the waves crashing onto the shore. In the peaceful, quiet moment of that morning I prayed...

Father, help me to see You today in all things, both good and bad. Help me to know that every trial, every sorrow, every annoyance, every battle, every defeat, every victory, every joy, every gladness, every opportunity to serve is ALL orchestrated by You with the very purpose of making me into the woman You have created me to be. May I view everything as a gift from You beautifully packaged, even if the contents on the inside aren't my first choice, that I can either open, enjoy, and learn from; OR, I can toss aside the package aside and miss out on the blessings contained within the gift. Give me Your eyes to see, Your hands to hold, Your feet to go, Your ears to hear with, and Your love to share. In Your most blessed and holy name. Amen.

May this be our prayer today and everyday that we will see God in everything.

2 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

Angela said...

If we take even just a little while each morning to think about who God is and what he does, our days will be so much sweeter. This is an awesome post..glad I stopped by. God is good beyond our wildest imaginations, isn't he?
Angela

God's Girl said...

I love your blog. Thanks for sharing! I was blessed reading this post. What a great reminder to look for God in every detail because He is there.

Thanks for the encouragement.

All for Jesus,
Julie