By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

3.17.2008

Green Means Go!

I spent the better part of the day in the doctor’s office. I have one child who has a cold and pink eye and the baby has a cold, pink eye, and a double ear infection. We made a stop at the pharmacy on the way home, got everyone’s prescriptions filled, ran through the drive through at Chick-fil-a because chicken nuggets always make everything better, and headed home for an afternoon of rest. The two sick babies took very good naps while my oldest daughter and I studied for her state testing that’s just around the corner. I must admit that part of me likes it when my kiddos are sick; not the fact that they don’t feel well, but when they’re sick, this momma has the opportunity to sit and cuddle with them; other times I can’t even get them to stop and give me a kiss- they are just too busy.

Anyway…my man came home and I left to go meet the young girl I’m mentoring. I was so looking forward to it today. We meet at a local Starbucks; I can’t think of anything that goes better with a little Bible Study than a Grande White Chocolate Carmel Mocha extra hot- can I get an AMEN! As I waited in line for my coffee the barista (isn’t that what they’re called?) asked me if I’d had a good St. Patrick’s Day. “Today is St. Patrick’s Day. Huh. I didn’t even remember what number day it was, much less the fact that it’s St. Patrick’s Day,” I replied. So much has been going on in my life lately that I do good just to remember my name.

As I sat there with my fireball of a young girl who I do believe would tackle the gates of hell all by herself with a water gun- this girl is mighty warrior in God’s army, she loves her some Jesus!!- anyway, as I sat there I kept thinking about St. Patrick’s Day. The luck of the Irish. The four leaf clover. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Green. You know- all the signs and symbols of what the day represents. God kept saying to me, “Green means go!” “Green means go!” Well, now everywhere I looked, I saw green. I guess now that I was aware it was St. Patrick’s Day, the green just stood out to me or maybe it was the fact that God had previously blinded my eyes to it because He had a lesson to teach me. My world had suddenly turned green. As I drove home that night the radio station I was listening to was having listeners call in telling what they had worn in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. And, can you believe that every stop light I came to was, you guessed it, GREEN! “Ok, Lord. What are you trying to tell me? I get the fact that green means go. Is there somewhere You are wanting me to go?”

God then began to bring to my mind Godly men and women who had obeyed Him completely when He told them to go. I thought of Noah. God told him to go build an ark and he went, no questions asked. Abraham. God told him to leave his homeland; Abraham packed his belongings and left. God also told Abraham to go to the land of Moriah and offer his precious son, Isaac, as a burnt offering to the Lord; Abraham went. God told Moses to go lead His children out from under the bondage of the Egyptians; Moses went. God paved the way for Esther to become queen in order to save His people; when the time came, she walked down the road God had set before her. Mary was chosen to be the mother of Jesus. She gladly and with open arms embraced the calling God had placed on her life. Jesus, called to go to earth to live among a sinful people. Jesus called to go take a message of hope to a people who had no hope. Jesus called to go to the cross in order to bring salvation to a people who were dying without a Savior. The disciples called to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations. God said go and they all went.
God has called each of us to go into the world and do the thing He’s called us to do. Your go and my go probably don’t look the same, but all of our goes are vital to the growth of the body of Christ. All of our goes are of equal importance and God has chosen those goes especially for each of us.

Living out the Word
What is your go? What is it that God has called you to go and do for Him? Are you doing it? Are you living out the life God has called you to? If you aren’t living out your “go”, what is it that’s stopping you? In order for the body of Christ to function properly we all need to be living out our calling. It’s time we stop lolly-gagging around and get goin’. It’s go time, sisters!

“But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where He wants it. How strange a body would be if it had only one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye can never say to the hand, ‘I don’t need you.’ The head can’t say to the feet, ‘I don’t need you.’ In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part in honored, all the parts are glad. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.” 1 Corinthians 12:18-26, NLT

2 Lovely Thoughts Shared:

Cheri said...

What a great lesson. I do hope that I am going when He says to go. There is nothing I want more!

Sounds great that you and I hold each other accountable on the attitude of our hearts.

One of my post called It Finally Hit Me made me realize the need to change. Now, he is showing me how to. By His word I can teach and rebuke my children. There is no need for anger. ( Not that it's going to be that easy or anything)!

I'll be asking you about how your heart is feeling ever so oten. I'll be working on it, too!

Amy Wyatt said...

I loved this! I just have to remember it now :)