By His Grace and In His Word Ministries has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jeniferjernigan.com/
and update your bookmarks.

3.29.2008

Lord, My Children...They are Yours

What better gift can I give my children but to bring them before the Lord in prayer lifting them up to Him? I have tried to make it a point to pray over every aspect of my children's lives; not
only do I pray for them, but I pray God's Word specifically over them.

"Lord, help me to instill in my children that You have a great plan for their lives. Help them to see that their time is in Your hands. May they delight in Your Word and meditate on it day and night so that they will be like a tree deeply rooted by the rivers of Living Water bearing much fruit that brings total honor and glory to Your name. (Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 31:15; Psalm 1:2 &3)

Spiritual:
The Princess Momma- "Father, I pray that Hannah grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)

The Mighty Warrior and the Wee Princess- "Lord, let salvation spring up within my children that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." (Isaiah 45:8; 2 Timothy 2:10)

Bible:
"May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb." (Psalm 19:10)

Home:
"Father, grant that my children may learn responsibility, and that each one learn to carry his own load." (Galatians 6:5)

Community/Geography:
"Lord, please help my children to develop a desire to see Your glory declared among the nations, Your marvelous deeds among all people." (Psalm 96:3)

Reading/Phonics:
"I pray that my children would have a deep passion for Your Word. I pray that they would daily desire to read and meditate upon Your Word so that they will have victory over sin." (Psalm 119:10-12, 15 & 16)

Writing/Speech:
"May the words that are uttered from the mouths of my children be pleasing to You. May their words be a reflection of the purity of their hearts. I pray that their words would be kind and encourages to others." (Psalm 19:14; Matthew 12:34; Ephesians 4:29)

Math/Stewardship:
"I pray that my children will obey the voice of the Lord always so that His blessings upon them will be too numerous to count." (Deuteronomy 28:2)

History:
"I pray that my children would grasp and come to a deep appreciation of the sacrifices and the lives of faith lived by great men who came before them. I pray that they too would understand that we are called to live lives of faith and diligently seek our faithful Father. (Hebrews 11)

Science:
"Lord, help my children to know that the earth is Yours and that You created everything in it to glorify You." (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1-2)

Physical Education/ Health:
"Father, may my children develop a strong self esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. Help them to take care of their bodies because it is the temple of God. (Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 6:19)

Field Trips:
"Teach my children, Lord, that wherever we may go and whatever we may do, that we are doing it as unto the Lord." (Colossians 3:23)

"Father help Mighty Warrior not to be influenced by others around him, but let him be alert and self-controlled in all does." (1 Thessalonians 5:6)

"Lord, teach Princess Momma perseverance in all she does and help her to especially run with perseverance the race marked out for her." (Hebrews 12:1)

"Grant, Lord, that my children's lives be marked as lives filled with prayer, and that they may learn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephesians 6:18)


Photobucket

0 Lovely Thoughts Shared: